Sunday

Is God in Your Schedule?




One day during our Bible Study time, the kids & I were discussing Psalm 139:7-10.

“Where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”

We discussed that it doesn’t matter where we are God is always there. One of my sons said, “Yeah, like He’s right here.”, as he patted the sofa seat beside him. Then he looked down and noticed that the sofa was covered with books, pencils and paper so he began moving it aside so that there would be room for God to sit. We all had a good laugh out of that, but I thought later, “Have I made room for Christ in my life, what needs to be moved over or out so that he can sit with me?” We get so busy with our little ones and the daily routines of life that we gradually squeeze God out. Before we know it there just isn’t time for a quiet time or prayer. The good news is God is everywhere we are. We can call on Him any time, any where. That is a great comfort to me to know that I can call on Him anytime of day and anywhere I am when I do find myself drowning in my day. But, I know that He is blessed when I go to Him first in my day. He wants to speak His blessings & wisdom to us before any attacks are thrown at us.
As you plan out the new school year, don’t forget to make room for God in you schedule & plans. Give yourself a specific God time in your day. Your family will love you for it! Your family will be blessed by it.

In addition to reading the Word I also enjoy these books during my God time;

My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers
More Hours in My Day, Emilie Barnes
Praying the Bible for Your Children, David & Heather Kopp
One Hundred and One Devotions for Homeschool Moms, Jackie Wellwood
Power of a Praying Parent
Power of a Praying Wife, Stormie Omartian

© Copyright, Dana Bailey, All Rights Reserved

No comments: