Wednesday

3-2-1 Biscuits



A friend of mine brought biscuits to a meeting we had this past year & they were the best I had ever had. Up until now, my biscuits were just from a baking mix. I didn't like making them from scratch because there just seem to be too many ingredients. Not so with these 3-2-1 Biscuits. My kids love these. They are not the most healthy, but very delicious!

Recipe
3 Tablespoons of sugar (I never put 3, more like only 1)
2 cups of Self Rising Flour(not all purpose) (may need a little more)
1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream (the not so healthy part)

Mix together, roll out to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut. I use the top of a coffee mug because I don't have a biscuit cutter. But for your kids I bet they would like fun shapes from a cookie cutter.

An easier way.... My friend never rolled her dough out. I didn't know that until recently. She just dropped them on the pan & patted them down a little.

Bake 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Just watch them & smell them. When they smell real good & are browning on top, they should be done.

We love putting a little butter & strawberry preserves in the middle of ours. No gravy needed!

Enjoy!


5 comments:

Christine said...

These sound wonderful...going to give this a try! I have a pantry full of home made jam from my garden that is calling out these biscuits name right now as I type!...lol

Rachel said...

Sounds so delicious! I'd love to feature this - let me know if that's okay!

Dana said...

HI Rachel,
Yes, that is fine. Just please link my blog when you post it. Let me know when you do.

Cheryl said...

these sound like the ones my grandma use to make and she didn't roll them out either... said it made them tough.

Cheryl said...

just wanted to tell you I made these and they were great... the family loved them too, thanks!