Wednesday

Caution: Neglected Blog!

I have really neglected my blog this summer.  I had so many high hopes for things I wanted to write about and share with you, but life set in really hard and I just couldn't keep up.

My new design is still sitting in the folder waiting to be installed.
My Fruit of the Spirit Series outlines are still not written yet.
And my list goes on...

What have I been doing?

  • Reorganizing our school materials so they are better used and in view.  Maybe one day I'll get brave & post pictures of how I have all my materials dispersed through out my house since I don't have a school room anymore.
  • Built a website for my speaking ministry, Living Stones 4 Moms.  I have a few speaking engagements coming up in the Fall, but have room on my calendar for more. 
  • Signed my kids up for a homeschool co-op & ended up taking on a Coordinator postition withing the co-op.  I am coordinating the team of moms who will clean the facility before we leave each week.  Also, gathering all the supplies my kids need for their classes.  This will be really different for us since we have never had someone else giving assignments but me.  So my kids are excited to do "real school" this year. LOL!
  • Packing up kids & sending them off to camp.
  • I went to my 20 year High School reunion.  It was nice seeing old friends, and glad to see that we all gained weight!  LOL!
  • Helping my parents with their new project.  My dad resigned from the church that he pastored for 15 years.  They live in the parsonage, so this meant they would need to move.  My dad bought a house and had it moved onto property they owned.  He thought within 6 weeks he would have it fixed up & ready to move in.  Over 2 months later they are no where near moving in.  So, we have gone to stay a few times this summer & helped them get things done.  What surprised me the most is how surprised others were that we would do this.  They couldn't believe that we would drop what we were doing, pack up & go stay at my parents house for a week to work on their house.  We are family.  I thought that is what you are supposed to do.
  • Packing up kids & sending them to another camp. 
  • After volunteering at my church for 7 years, I finally got on the payroll.  Not that I thought I should be on the payroll before.  For 5 years, Scott & I have served on Sunday's at a information desk.  We also check people in using the church's computer data system, Shelby.  There are several stations where parents check in their children before they take them to class and now I coordinate the volunteers who serve at those stations and get paid for it.
  • Lesson Plans!  This year I have 4 high schoolers, 1 jr.high, 3 elementary & 1 preK'er in our school.  Since we are doing a co-op, that helped me a lot in not planning at least 4 subjects for the older 5 kids.  But when you break it down, I have 34 weeks of school, 7 students with at least 5 subjects each and the better planned I am, the better I am at staying ontask with our work.  Thankfully, we combine some subjects for younger students, like History, Bible and Science.  This year will be my 2nd daughter's last year of HIgh School, so there are ACT & SAT appointments and scholarship searches already going on.
  • Lunch with friends.  That has been the best part of my summer.  Spending time with friends, listening to what they are learning about the Lord and learning from them is always a treat and the Lord has blessed me with wonderful friends.
  • Watching God continue to provide for our family in spite of my husband not having consistant income.  It is amazing.  Our faith is strengthened each time we are forced to wait on Him.
OK, so I guess I have been busier than I thought.  No wonder I haven't blogged much.  It will take me a while to get back in my groove of regular posts, so please be patient and stick with me.  As always, you can find me on Facebook and occassionally on Twitter.



  

 
post signature