Saturday

Don’t forget the Source

Just coming off of the Thanksgiving holiday, it is easy to be in a spirit of thankfulness.  And this year, I really had much to be thankful for & I hope you did too.

I just finished up a Thanksgiving project with my kids for their school work.  We made Thanksgiving books. (pics are coming).   They did a variety of activities that helped them to remember the many blessings God has given us.  While glueing pictures to a page, my little girl says to me,

“I’m always thankful for this because I know it is from God.”

What a sweet statement, but my mind took it farther.  How many blessings do I receive that I try to take credit for?

One of the things my little kids did was copy the Doxology & learn to sing it.  I find myself singing this when I’m in the car by myself or at the sink doing dishes.  It is a beautiful song & the words are powerful.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow

Praise Him all creatures here below

Praise Him above ye heavenly host

Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

The first line is so important…”from whom all blessings flow”.  This is what Gracie was saying to me in her 6 yr old way, it is all from God.  We don’t create our blessings, nor do we deserve them.  Out of his deep love for us, he continues to pour blessings into our lives.  I don’t understand it, but I am so thankful for it.

Don’t forget the source of the blessings.  Give him the glory.  That is your purpose.

“He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.” Psalm 40:3

 

Lord, help me to remember you are the only source of my blessings.  All things come from you, the good & the bad.  Give me a spirit of thanksgiving & gratitude.  May I never forget the amazing things you have done in my life and are still doing.