Monday

Teaching Purity

I ran across this 4 part documentary that I just had to share with you.  The documentary is called "Virgin Daughters" and it takes you into the lives of several families who participate in the Purity Ball in Colorado.  These families are raising their daughters to be committed to remaining pure until their wedding day.

It is such a strange concept in today's society to ask a person to not even kiss until the wedding.  But, these families do that, and so do we.  We have taught our children since they were little that God gives you one first kiss and that is meant for your future husband or wife.  It is a gift that you are able to give to them, your purity.  Our daughters are 20, 18, 16 & 6.  None of my daughters have dated or kissed a boy yet.  They take their purity very seriously!  We teach this to our sons also.  We pray for our children that this will be a conviction in their heart because as you will see in this documentary if it isn't a conviction in your child's heart they won't take it seriously and results can be dangerous.  It isn't easy to stick with this as my older kids will tell you, but they don't regret it either.
 

I wanted to share this documentary with you because I think these families describe very well the importance of raising our children to be pure and that it isn't impossible.  While I may not agree with everything that is said, I do agree with the importance & Biblical mandate that is on parents to raise their children to seek purity.


Part 1



Part 2



Part 3


Part 4




signature