Saturday

Turning a new page

God is turning a new page in my life & the next page is looking a little blank. But God is so good to write a story much better than anything I could ever come up with.


For the past 2 years I have been a ministry leader in my church for the Mom2Mom organization. It was wonderful & I’m so glad God granted me such a fantastic privilege. It is one of the most vibrant ministries in our church & I loved being a part of it. I have handed over the leadership hat to another mom & am so excited to see how God will use her in Mom2Mom.


As much as I loved leading Mom2Mom, it was super time consuming. Many days were spent on the computer for hours, on the phone or meeting with moms. I can’t tell you how many days I would get up ready to get a lot accomplished either in my house or with my kids & Mom2Mom duties would come calling. No matter how hard I tried some days to ignore it & do other things, it just didn’t work out. It wasn’t always like that, but it was like that a lot. Just when I was ready to quit, someone would call me or email me or I would get a note in the mail encouraging me & letting me know they were praying for me. God was is my strength. It is so true that He calls us & then equips us.


Now I am looking at a week with nothing Mom2Mom related scheduled & it feels strange. I have new habits to create now. Habits that I once had. My house is a mess, so that is first on the agenda to get the kids & I back on our cleaning rotations. I miss blogging every week so hopefully I can get back into that habit. I have so many posts rolling around in my head that are screaming to be posted. I feel like I need to catch up with old friends.


I’m excited about next year. I’m excited to see what the Lord has in store for me as a mom & a wife. I’m excited to go deeper into His word.


Scott & I are on a new path & it is a bit foggy, but God has promised to direct our path & we are trusting him with all our heart. Scott’s book is published & while that is very exciting we can’t help but wonder how God will use this book to minister to others. We know that one day we will be full time ministry. We don’t know when or what that ministry will look like. We have a ministry blog set up – www.lsmoutreach.com


I have all kinds of idea’s of how I would like to spend my time.


We’ll see what God writes on my new page. I know it won’t be blank for long.










Dana with Mary Dean, SCC Women’s Ministry director & Dana’s Co-Leader, Kerith Leffler at the Mom2Mom Spring Tea 2010, the last Mom2Mom Event of this year.




post signature