Saturday

Answered Prayer

Do you have a prayer request that you have been praying for a long time?

I have many.  When a requests goes unanswered for a long time it is so easy to begin to fall into a crisis of belief.  I begin to think, "Well, obviously I'm praying for the wrong thing." or "God must not want that for us"

I prayed for a long time that God would provide Scott with work & he did that.  Now that work has the potential of becoming a full time job.  Hopefully soon we will know for sure.

For at least a year now I have prayed that God would somehow provide us with another vehicle.  For a year all we had was our 15 passenger van. Our little car had died & wasn't worth resurrecting.  There never was enough money to put away to save to buy another car.  What money we did have was stretched beyond reason to pay rent, bills, gas & groceries.

But, I still kept praying.  I prayed, but I didn't always believe it would happen.  I was just airing my woe's.

This morning, God answered.  I had prayed earlier this week for a glimpse of hope to help me endure this difficult season. 

A friend gathered other friends together.  They put their money together & bought us a car & delivered it to our house this morning.  Words cannot appropriately express how we feel.  We are blown away by their generosity, by their thoughtfulness & desire to help us.  We don't know who all of the "friends" are.  And we don't need to know.  We are adding them to our blessing prayer list. We take great honor in praying for those who the Lord has used to answer our prayers.




1 John 5:13-15 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. 14And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.


Do you have prayer requests that you doubt will ever be answered?  Believe!  If you are asking according to His will, he hears, but God has his own timing.  He just asks us to be patient & trust in His timing.

So I guess we haven't needed another car until now.