Monday

In Whom I Trust

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."Psalm 91:1,2

While meditating on this verse two words jumped out at me.


DWELL


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High..."

One who dwells is one who has fixed themselves in one spot.  They stay there.  They don't move.

They stay in the shelter of the Most High.  They stay under his protection. It is intimate and personal.  It is His Protection because he is God Most High.

El Elyon

ABIDE


"He who dwells....will abide in the shadow of the Almighty"


One who has fixed herself in His shelter becomes a part of His every move.  There is no where He moves in my life that I am not a part of.  I walk in His shadow. I dwell in His protection.



He is my God Most High...my Almighty. 

In whom shall I fear? Surely not my circumstances.

I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Do I trust him?  If I am dwelling & abiding with Him, I can't NOT trust Him. Yet, my flesh is still there.

David knew this when he wrote this.  He knew that he couldn't doubt what God was doing or allowing to happen and still abide in His shadow.  He made a choice to trust.  He made a choice to set aside his fleshly doubt & fears & chose to trust his Almighty.


Lord, help me to set aside my flesh and trust you.




signature