Friday

Faithful Friday...at HIS Acceptable Time



I found this verse this morning and wanted to share it with you.

  But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness. Psalm 69:13

Four words jumped out at me..."At an acceptable time".

My acceptable time & the Lord's acceptable time for answering my prayers are usually two different times.  This scripture takes my back to surrender.  Surrendering my want for God to answer my prayers at my acceptable time.

If you believe God truly is Sovereign and if you know He loves you with that love that is indescribable and incomprehensible, then you can be confidant that HIS acceptable time to answer your prayers really is the most perfect time.

His faithfulness to love us and answer when we call to him is perfect.  Never has he not answered.  He may make us wait a while, but that is so He can work out his plan through us. My prayer these days has been to ask the Lord for patience in the waiting.  I know he is at work.  I know he wants to bless us every day.  I know He is working out something wonderful for our family.  So, I continue to wait and pray,

O GOD, at YOUR acceptable time in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.

signature