Saturday

Taking a Break for Holy Week

I have this over whelming desire to stay as far away from my computer as I can.

This next week is Holy Week.  I struggle every year with how to impress on their hearts the dire importance of understanding this event above all others in the Bible.  I'm not saying that the rest of the Bible isn't important, but the rest of it is based on the sacrifice of Christ.  It is seen throughout the Scriptures.

I think that may be why I want to stay off the computer.  So I can focus better on the reality of what Jesus did for me.

I hope as you enter into a new week that you will become mindful of who you are in Christ and the amazing love he has for you.
I hope that you will spend time together as a family discussing the Biblical events that led up to Jesus death.
But more than that, I hope that you will come into a deeper understanding of what his death, burial & resurrection means.  I hope that as you come into a deeper understanding you are truly humbled to the point of falling on your face in worship of your Savior!

I can't adequately point into words what all of this means to me. I am overwhelmed to the point of tears every time I try.  Maybe one day.  In the mean time, I am taking a break.

"But the angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.  He is not here, for he has risen, as he said."
 Matthew 28:5-6



signature