I love page protectors!!
I have learned to use them for so many things. I always have plenty because I can reuse them. Once someone gave me a sack full of unopened packages of page protectors. I was so excited & I know they thought I was really weird. Afterall, who in their right mind dances for joy over page proctectors? I DO!!
Here is an example of a few things I use them for.
1. Subject Dividers - I will print on the edge of a piece of cardstock what subject I need labeled. Then just slide it in and put in my notebook & I don't need the dividers that you have to buy separately. My little ones will decorate theirs to add a little pizzaz to their notebooks.
2. Preschool worksheets - I have workbooks that I have picked up from Wal-mart & such to use as busy work for my little ones. I got tired of having to buy new ones since I always had little ones coming up. I started putting them in page protectors & then giving them the little vis-a-vis marker (and being highly supervised) let them connect the dots or whatever it was.
3. Math Drill Worksheets - My kids love math drills and racing against the clock, but I can't afford to keep up with the printer ink & paper, so I put the pages in page protectors, kept then in a notebook for easy access and we are set. After grading their page I can record their score (if that is really important to you) in my record book. So easy!! Fine tip dry erase markers work really great.
4. Menu planner- I keep a menu of what we are eating for the week. I put this in the page protector and keep it on the frig. with my little marker close by.
5. Art Portfolio - I have some budding artist and just don't have a frig big enough to show off all of their art so we started putting them in page protectors in notebooks after they have been displated for a day on the frig.
I could go on and on, but would rather you share any ideas with me that you may have about getting even more creative with page protectors than I have.