Friday

Life Moments




I couldn't find Gracie.  I had told her to pick up a mess she made on the table and now she was no where to be found.  I walked around the corner to see Gracie & Charlie sitting on the floor together.

I watch Gracie (who is much like a 12 year old in an 8 year old body) sit and read to her baby brother and it melts my heart.  Then I start listening to her.  She is reading from a Bible story book.
"Charlie, this is my favorite story that I have read in the Bible.  It is about a little boy named Samuel.  Not your big brother Samuel, but another boy.  I like it because God talked to Samuel and I know God talks to me.  He helps me make good decisions and tells me when I do bad things.  He talks to me like he talked to Samuel and I think that is really cool."
My heart is melting.  Charlie is so content to sit in Gracie's lap and listen to her. It is a rare calm moment in Charlie's day. He is 14 months old.  Sitting still is not on his personal to-do list.  It is almost like he understood what she was saying was important.

As a mom my day is packed full of life moments.  Some good.  Some bad.  But God orchestrates them all.  And what God does has great eternal value. Even that little moment that I so easily could have messed up because I wanted Gracie to clean up her mess.  Experience has taught me to step back and allow God to work.
God is in the business of preparing us for eternity with him.  That preparation is often difficult, sometimes it is exciting.  It is always a blessing.

What life moments are you missing because you are focused on your tasks?

What is God doing today in your life?

My hope, sweet mom is that you will slow down and learn to see God at work in all of those little life moments.