Wednesday

An Old Hymn to Pray

A few Sunday's ago, our pastor had us turn in our hymnal(yes, we still use hymnals) to an old hymn that we had sung before, but not often enough for me to remember. This time we didn't sing it, we spoke it as a prayer. Than a friend gave me a copy of the hymn printed on nice paper. I keep it by my desk & have begun to use it as a prayer. As you read the words of this hymn, I urge you to ask the Lord how you can, not just speak the words, but apply them as well. There is so much that Christ wants to do for us, but we must seek the mind of Christ in order that we may gain his insight & wisdom.

May the Mind of Christ, My Savior

1. May the mind of Christ, my Savior, Live in me from day to day, by His love and power controlling all I do and say.

2. May the Word of God dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour, so that all may see I triumph only throu' His power.

3. May the peace of God my Father Rule my life in everything, that I may be calm to comfort sick and sorrowing.

4. May the love of Jesus fill me as the waters fill the sea; Him exalting, self abasing - This is victory.

5. May I run the race before me, strong and brave to face the foe, Looking only unto Jesus as I onward go.

6. May His beauty rest upon me as I seek the lost to win; and may they forget the channel, seeing only Him.

Go to this website to read the story behind this hymn. You can listen to it also. I encourage you to print it out & keep it where you can ponder & pray these words.




No comments: