Friday

The Greatest Love Ever


Over the past few years, I have been on a spiritual journey of coming to understand the greatness of God's love for me. It is so easy to say and we grew up hearing it, "God loves you.". It is on pencils, notepads, balloons, hats, posters. It is everywhere. But do we really realize just how much he loves us?

Mark 9:7, This is my son whom I love. Listen to him.

Jesus was God's son. I don't think any believer doubts that at all. Any need that God had for a child was fulfilled through his only son Jesus.

When a man and woman want a child, but cannot have children themselves they adopt. They do not feel complete until they have a child.

But God already had a child, Jesus. He didn't need anymore. He is God. He is complete, lacking nothing. He is Elohim, Creator and El Elyon, The God Most High. He needs nothing. He doesn't need us. He can function just fine with out us and his purpose would still be fulfilled, yet he created us anyway. He loves us that deeply.

He chooses us. He picks us out. He has adopted us into His Kingdom. How much greater can a love be for us than that?

1 Peter 2:5, But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

We are royalty, only because he has chosen us to be so. He loves us so deeply that we cannot fathom how deep. C.H. Spurgeon said this,

Our adoption therefore, is not for His gain, but for ours; it is a matter of divine charity, arising out of the spontaneous love of God.

Father, I praise you and thank you for choosing me to be one of your own. I thank you for your love for me and ask that you would teach me to love in the same way.

post signature