Monday

Thankful

I hope you had a wonderful day of Thanksgiving!  Our family celebrated the day at my parents house.  It was the first time in a whole year that all of my kids had made it to my parents house at the same time.  I was so thankful that everyone’s crazy schedule’s took a break and we were able to stay for several days.

We of course, had to do our annual porch picture. My parents have this fantastic porch & we love to use it for pictures.

family

boys

My guys.

girls2

Me & my little women.

 

charlie.faces

And of course…Charlie.  Our little wild man.  He is almost 7 months old now.  He crawls, eats real food, does not sleep all night and has the most wonderful little smile, as you can see here.

When I think of where I was spiritually this time last year I am just about brought to tears by the reality of God’s amazing mercy and grace.  My heart was dismayed, angry, hurt and very troubled.  Today, I can honestly say my heart is thankful.  Thankful for the trials of this past year.  Thankful for the time to be quiet.  Thankful for the solitude.  Thankful for the hard lessons. I am content with where the Lord has us.  Yes, I most definitely still want our family to live in our own home, but I would much rather be where God wants me. I am learning to slow down and not get ahead of God.  I am learning to be quiet.

It’s been a good year…and it’s not over yet!!!