Monday

10 Things to Pray


Teach me...

•1. To hold my tongue -

Job 6:24 Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong.

Psalm 141:3 Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Father, teach me when to speak and when to listen. Set a guard over my mouth so that my words will encourage & not discourage others. Give me wisdom in my words . A-men.

2. What I can say to God-

Job 37:19 "Tell us what we should say to him; we cannot draw up our case because of our darkness.

Romans 8:36 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

Father, how thankful I am to know that even when I have no words to say to you, your Holy Spirit can speak on my behalf.

3. Your paths-

Psalm 25:4 "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;

Job 34:32 "Teach me what I cannot see; if I have done wrong, I will not do so again.

Father, open my eyes that I may see your path to walk in. Help me to see when I am stepping away from you and give me the faith to walk in your ways even though I cannot see the way.

4. Your Truth -

Psalm 25:24 "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Father, how wonderful it is to know that you are God. Guide me in your truth so that I can easily recognize evil and strengthen me so that I can resist and temptation to stray from you.

5. Your Way-

Psalm 27:11 "Teach me your way, O LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.

Psalm 86:11 "Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

Father, teach me to walk only in your way. When I am faced with difficult times help me to trust only you to direct me. I want to love you with all my heart, show me when I allow other things to interfere with my love for you.

6. To number my days that I might apply my heart to wisdom-

Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 20:24 "A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?

Father, please forgive me idol busyness. I know that I let so many things get in the way & then my day is wasted. Teach me to use my days with discernment & wisdom so that I may bring glory to you.

7. Your statutes-

Psalm 119:24 "Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:26"I recounted my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:64 "The earth is filled with your love, O LORD; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:68, "You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:124 "Deal with your servant according to your love and teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:135 "Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees.

Father, teach me your statutes so that I can know you better. You are so good and your statues bring peace to my life. Shine on me Oh God and teach me your decrees.

8. The way of your statutes-

Psalm 119:33, "Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.

Father, just knowing your statues will not help me much unless I learn to keep them. Help me to keep your commands so that I may experience you and know the way of your statutes.

9. Judgments. -

Psalm 119:36, "Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands.

Psalm 119:108, "Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws.

Father, teach me to make good judgments. Help me to discern and to act slowly with great thought. Help me to apply the knowledge of your word to my actions. I praise you for your law's and the happiness it brings me.

•10. Knowledge-

Psalm 119:66, "Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands.

Father, teach me your knowledge and help me to gain wisdom from it.

For more ideas on what to pray or how to pray go to Prayer Power Ministries website. Kaye Johns is a mom who is passionate about teaching moms how to develop a deep prayer life.



No comments: