Tuesday

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 12.20.10

Outside my window...kids.  It is absolutley beautiful today, temps are in the 70's.  Really weird for December, but I'm not complaining.  I'm sure it will be frigid in a few days.

I am thinking...about who we need to finish shopping for today.  Scott is already home from work  & resting before we hit the stores again.

I am thankful for...those unnamed saints who gave us money so we could buy our kids Christmas gifts & pay bills.  Amazing!


From the Learning Room... we are on break until after the year, but the learning continues.  Gracie is writing notes, Ben is learning new songs on the piano, Zach is reading everything he can get his hands on.  Learning never stops.

From the kitchen... sarah is making icing so the little ones can decorate the gingerbread village I bought last night.
I am wearing... complete comfy clothes.  blue sweat pants & Scott's grey tee.
I am creating... nothing. I'm not very creative.
I am going... Christmas shopping in a little while with my man.  We have fun together.


I am currently reading...Sacred Rhythms (Ruth Haley Barton) & How to Live what You Believe (Ray Stedman)
I am hoping...to get finished with the shopping tonight.
I am hearing...Scott snore. :o)  he works so hard, I'm glad he can get a little bit of rest.
On my mind...Preparing to spend 4 days at my parents house.  In their little house will be we 12, brother, sister, brother-in-law plus my parents.  2000 sq feet, 2 bathrooms.  ((sigh))
Noticing...that NCIS has been playing on my TV all day!  What is this a NCIS marathon?
Around the house...a mess!  Really need to do something about that, but am just not motivated today.
Favorite things...homemade hot cocoa...I'll make it as soon as the temps go back down.
Plans for the rest of the week...since this is Christmas week it is a busy one. Finishing up shopping, laundry, wrap gifts, clean up house before leaving town. Christmas Eve with Scott's parents, Christmas Day with my family.



Sarah, Ashey & Morgan with their friend Malory (who is getting married soon) at the Sweet Celebration. 
An evening of special fellowship with friends & lot's of chocolate.