Wednesday

Are You a “Tomorrow-Mom”?

 

boys with mother_1

Are you a “tomorrow” mom?

I recently realized I am a “tomorrow” mom. Let me explain.

I find myself constantly putting off for tomorrow what I need to do today.

I’m not talking about procrastinating on the laundry, or housework. I’m talking about my kids and how I spend my time with them.

Tomorrow will we go to the park.

Tomorrow we will start our Bible readings together.

Tomorrow I will pray with the kids.

Tomorrow I will say more encouraging words.

Tomorrow

              Tomorrow

                              Tomorrow

                                                     Blah – Blah - Blah

James 4:14-15 “You do not know about tomorrow. What is your life like? For you are a puff of smoke that appears for a short time and then vanishes. You ought to say instead, “If the Lord is willing, then we will live and do this or that.”

In James 4 I am reminded that I am not even guaranteed tomorrow. All you have to do is watch the news to be reminded of that or read the paper. On one side are birth announcements and across the page are the obituaries. We are here today and gone tomorrow.

So, how can I encourage you? LOL!

There is great joy to be lived in today but I miss it when I am waiting for tomorrow.

In the book of Ecclesiastes King Solomon tells us to live everyday under the sun for the Son. Don’t wait for tomorrow, live today and live it for the Lord fully.

Today, we are going to the park. It’s been on my calendar many times, but I put if off waiting for a better weather day. Today is the day. Clouds & all.

Today, I will read that book my daughter has asked me to read with her many times.

So what can you do with and for your kids today that you keep putting off until tomorrow? james4_14