Monday

What's for Lunch?

I've never been really good at cooking a good Sunday lunch. We leave around 8:30 for church & don't get home until close to 1:30. So whatever I cook for lunch has to be a crockpot meal or baked before we leave.
On the way home from church yesterday, Scott asked what I had cooking at home for lunch. I said I had beef tips & gravy in the crock pot & I had roasted some potatoes before we left. Then it hit me, I didn't remember turning off the oven before we left. The potatoes had been sitting in an oven at 450 degrees since 7:30 a.m. and it was 1:15 p.m.

I had visions of smoke going through my head. I knew I would come home to find a smoke filled house, but I was hoping it was still a house & not a pile of ashes! As we got closer to the house we couldn't see smoke so we were hoping that meant that I turned off the oven.

NOPE!

Oh well, we still enjoyed beef tips & rice & gravy with the smell of burned potatoes filling the air.


No comments: