Monday

Reading the Bible in 90 Days

I'm not one for making New Year's Resolution's.  But reading my Bible all the way through,without stopping, is something I have wanted to do for a long time.  I've read the whole Bible, many times probably, but never started at the front & read to the end.  I've even used a 1 Year Bible in my devotions for many years, but often got distracted for days on a passage of scripture & then got off of the reading plan.
So, I decided to do the "Read the Bible in 90 days".  I'm not doing it with a group of people like I'm supposed to do, I just downloaded the 90 day plan & am reading the assignment everyday.  I started January 1st.  I decided to break up the reading into a morning reading & an evening reading, because it is so much at one time.  I may even have days when I break it up into 3 readings in a day, depending on what I have going on that day.
Can I just tell you that already I am amazed at what has pricked my heart, caught my eye & completely amazed me at what I have learned.  By reading so much at one time I am seeing the bigger picture as God's story unfolds. It all points to Jesus!
I'm keeping notes, so that I can go back later & really study up on new things that I notice.  I think that is what distracted me in the past & got me off of my reading plan, I would chase a rabbit trail & spend days or weeks studying up on something.  I think keeping notes in my notebook will help with that.
I'm also going to try to blog through it as best I can. I want to share with you the wonderful things he is showing me & pray that you will be encouraged & maybe challenged in your own studies of the Word.
There are others out there who are doing this challenge & are blogging through it.  Mom's Tool Box is an excellent resource.  She started today, January 3rd.  But, you can start anyday you like.
If you are participating in this, I would love to know it. If you are going to blog through it, leave me your blog address.



I can't wait to see what the Lord teaches me in the next 90 days!  I have many exciting things coming up in the next few months & consuming myself with the Scriptures is greatly needed.