Wednesday

Wednesday Words



Wednesday Words is a meme that I am starting on my blog. I will post scripture or quotes that inspire me or impress me. It could be something my kids say or my pastor, who knows. I won't comment on the words, I will just let them speak for them self.

If you would like to participate, grab my image & link it back to my blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you are linking me. I would love to see what words have impressed you or what inspires you to be a better wife & mom.

Today's quote is by Anne Sullivan.

"I am beginning to suspect all elaborate systems of education. They seem to me to be built upon the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think. Whereas if the child is left to himself, he will think more and better, if less showily. Let him go and come freely, let him touch real things and combine his impressions for himself instead of sitting indoors at a little round table, while a sweet-voiced teacher suggests that he builds a stone wall with his wooden blocks or plant straw trees in bead flower-pots. Such teaching fills the mind with artificial associations that must be got rid of, before the child can develop independent ideas out of actual experiences."

- Anne Sullivan, tutor to Helen Keller


No comments: