Monday

He will quiet you...

As a mom, I often yearn for quiet. I don't want to talk to anyone, I don't want to tell someone to do their chores, I don't want to listen to another story, I don't want to answer the phone, I just want some quiet.

I love this verse in Zephaniah 3:17.

He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

We mothers give so much of ourselves & the precious reminder that our God takes great delight in us, and will rejoice over us & quiets us with his love...how beautiful that is.

It makes me want to just sit & meditate on his promises. That is where my strength & joy comes from. The beauty of His creation brings me great peace, yet energizes me. Here are some more promises that bring me to a place of peace & rest.

Psalm 139:5, "You hem me in, behind & before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Habakkuk 3:19, "The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."

Psalm 7:10, "My shield is God Most High (El Elyon), who saves the upright in heart."

Psalm 16:8, "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."


A friend of mine's husband is a very talented flutist. Click the link to hear Mark play a very beautiful rendition of Be Thou my Vision & let your soul be quieted.





No comments: